Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Moody Sisters Natural Skincare Review

 Background

Moody Sisters Natural Skincare was created by two sisters, Jess Piestrup & Whitney Acheson from Cashmere, WA. They couldn't find safe, natural skincare for their "moody" skin so they did some research and figured out how to to take care of their skin using natural ingredients like essential oils and other healthy ingredients. They created their own natural skincare and made it into a family business. They create the products in their home & often recruit their kids to help out too! How awesome is that? In addition to their skincare, they have a blog where they share lots of helpful info including tips on living a eco-friendly lifestyle and great diy projects. You can even sign up for their email newsletter and get a free travel sized product! Their products are all-natural, and with lots of organic ingredients and some are also vegan. They are cruelty-free. 

The Products

I purchased their 3 piece "Try Me First" set from OpenSky for $24.95 for 3 1oz. travel-sized products. It includes their Foaming Face Wash, Lightweight Moisturizer & Face & Body Cream. 

The Foaming Face Wash - is a light foaming cleanser that is great for balancing my combination, acne-prone skin. It's gentle and effective at removing most of my makeup and did not irritate my skin. It can also be used as a hand wash! 

The Lightweight Moisturizer - is in a liquid form and provides a exactly what the name states, lightweight moisture, which is especially great for my skin since I am dry on the cheeks, but oily in the t-zone. It helped to balance my "moody" skin  extremely well and didn't cause any acne nor did it aggravate the acne I already had. 

The Face & Body Cream is a whipped type of cream that is heavier than the Lightweight Moisturizer. It was too heavy for my face personally. I think it might work well for me in the winter. It isn't extremely thick and I think it would be fine for many skintypes. It actually worked great as a body moisturizer for me. Another thing I really liked about it was the smell. It has a slightly minty scent to it. It was fresh, but not overpowering. 


 



I also purchased their Daily Facial Toner in the full size on the Moody Sisters website. It comes in a 4oz. bottle for 14.95. It contains apple cider vinegar and witch hazel and it is incredible! It's just a toner, I didn't think it would make a huge difference. It did! It removed the small amount of makeup that the cleanser left behind and softened and balanced my skin. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the packaging. I wish it came in a spray bottle, but it's ok I can deal with it as is!



Customer Service

Customer service is great, shipping is $4.95 for any order in the US that is under 10lbs. which is a great price. They offer full refunds on unopened, unused products and offer exchanges or credits on opened products. 

Check them out!

Website - www.moodysistersskincare.com 

Facebook www.facebook.com/moodysisters skincare 

Twitter- @moodysisters

Instagram- @moodysisters

YouTube - www.youtube.com/moodysistersskincare 

Pinterest - www.pinterest.com/moodysisters

OpenSky - www.opensky.com/moodysisters 

* I purchased these products myself and as always all opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. The toner ingredients sound great. Does it smell like ACV?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your question, Sarita! It does, but it also has peppermint, sweet orange & tea tree EO. The scent is not overpowering to me.

      Delete