Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Faerie Organic 40 Winks Eye Primer Review


   
 

Background


Faerie Organic was started in 2007 by makeup artist Erin Mincks. After losing both of her parents to cancer, she decided she wanted to live a more healthy, natural lifestyle. She learned about the many chemicals that were in mainstream cosmetics & skincare and felt that there needed to be other options. So, she developed Faerie Organic and decided to use wild crafted herbs and food-grade ingredients instead of chemicals. They have loose mineral based foundation, concealer, blush, etc. they also have skincare. They are all natural and cruelty-free. 

The Product

This eye primer is the best natural eye primer I have found so far. It goes on mostly clear (slightly whitish) on my fair skin. You don't notice the color after eyeshadow is applied. It comes in a clear plastic pot with a silver lid plastic lid.  It retails for $14 for .05oz. I've been using it for a couple of months now, comparing it against both natural & non natural primers and so far, this wins for the natural ones I've tried. This keeps my eye makeup on for a good 6-8 hours without any fading or creasing. Also, I have crepy eyelids, probably due to allergies & rubbing my eyes. This primer creates a smooth surface so there is little to no creasing, which does not happen easily for me! Overall, I really like this primer. My only issue (really tiny issue) is that I would like for it to be tinted so it would even out my skintone on my eyelids. However, I love how it keeps my eye makeup on all day, so I'm willing to overlook that. 



Ingredients

The ingredients are good. I've heard mixed things about titanium dioxide. It has been shown to cause cancer in some animals in some studies. I'm still on the fence about it and will still use products containing titanium dioxide until I hear of more conclusive evidence and that the testing includes humans!

Customer Service

Customer service was good. I had no problems. They do not accept returns unless your items arrive damaged, but they do offer sample sets so you can try before you buy!

Check out Faerie Organic on their website,

www.faerieorganic.com

On Facebook-

www.facebook.com/faerieorganic

On Twitter-

@faerieorganic

On Instagram-

www.instagram.com/faerieorganic 


* I bought this item myself and my opinion is my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment