Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Osmia Organics Review

Background 

Osmia Organics was started in 2010 by Sarah Villafranco, MD, an Emergency Medicine physician. After practicing as a physician for almost 10 years, she realized she needed a change. After she took a soap making class with a friend, she decided she loved it and wanted to start her own company that used healthy, natural and organic ingredients instead of all the chemicals found in so many products. Thus, Osmia (meaning sense of smell) Organics was born. They have a wide range of products for the face and body and a huge focus is put on aromatherapy. All of the products I tried have some type of natural scent! The products are natural, organic, and and they are a cruelty-free company!

The Products

The company sent me a beautiful  package of sample sized products to meet the needs of my combination, acne-prone skin including a facial cleansing bar, a acne spot treatment, and face serum. Also included were samples of a bar soap for the body and body oil.


Black Clay Facial Soap- $22 for 2.25oz. Contains  ingredients like Australian Black Clay, and Dead Sea mud. It cleanses and tones. Ideal for combination and acne prone skin like mine! Made my skin softer & smoother! 

Facial Callibration Serum-  $50 for 0.5oz. This serum contains a few different plant-based oils and is designed for combination skin to balance the skin and regulate sebum production. My face definitely felt softer, smoother and less oily in my t-zone after two weeks of use. I am slightly sensitive to smells and the scent of this product was a TINY bit strong for me but I could get used to it if it keeps my t-zone less oily! 


Spot Treatment- $20 for 0.16oz. After only 2 weeks of use, this will be added to my list of holy grail products! This product is just as the name says, a "spot treatment" for acne. It is a blend of a few different essential oils. A little goes a LONG way and it is not meant for all over the face. I've suffered from acne since middle school and nothing has worked so well for me thus far. It doesn't dry me out, yet it made a very large pimple almost disappear within the two weeks of using it once daily. Miraculous! 

Milky Rose Soap- $12 for 5.5oz bar  I'm typically not a huge fan of bar soaps, so I don't have a lot to compare it with, however, it smelled great, cleans without drying,  is made from organic ingredients and it's pink, so that for me is a plus! 😄 

Flower Body Oil- $24 for 2oz. $70 for 7.5oz w/pump.  Made from organic rose geranium essential oil, organic linden blossom oil, and zdravets, this body oil is awesome! Smells like flowers (obviously) 😄 and is SUPER moisturizing and leaves a light, dewy sheen on the skin. It is meant to be put on wet skin as it helps w/absorption and you'll use less product!

Customer Service- I've never purchased from  company before, but they were very kind and helpful to me as a blogger. They have a 14 day return policy for damaged/defective items and do not accept returns for any other reasons according to their website. While I wish they had a better policy I am not sure why you would want to return any of their products! I think it's worth the risk! 

;


Check them out!

Website- www.osmiaorganics.com

Facebook-www.facebook.com/osmia organics 

Twitter- @OsmiaOrganics

Pinterest- @OsmiaOrganics

No comments:

Post a Comment