Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 19, 2014

3 Month Anniversary Favorites

Three months ago today, I decided to start my blog.  I have always loved anything and everything related to beauty. Since the age of 8 or so I was always "borrowing" makeup from my mom. About a year ago, I started learning about how whatever you put on your skin is absorbed by your body and that there are basically no laws regarding  what ingredients cosmetics companies can and can not put into their products. In addition, I learned about the many horrible chemicals that were in my lipstick, my foundation, etc. I learned that my makeup could be causing cancer,  and my perfume could be causing neurological disorders  I new that I needed to find products that were healthy but I didn't know where to start. Thank goodness for social media! I looked at blogs, websites of various non-profit organizations, etc. through my own journey of switching over to healthy, non-toxic products, I realized that I wanted to connect with like-minded individuals who I could share my experience with regarding what I've learned and what I've struggled with in terms of finding the best possible non-toxic products. So, I decided to start a blog. I didn't know exactly where to start, but I consulted with some of my absolute favorite bloggers as well as owners of companies I loved and trusted to provide the best products I could find!  I would be remiss not recognize a few people who have helped me SO much during the last three months.

Sarita Coren, Peace on the Skin & Peace Within
www.ediblefacial.com

I can't pinpoint exactly when or how I came across Sarita's blog, I believe it may have been through Twitter. I started off asking her a few questions about suggestions for various green beauty products, even before I started my blog. I admired her knowledge and ability to connect with people and when I decided to do my blog, she was one of the first people I reached out to for guidance. Sarita has helped me so much along the way and given me so much encouragement and advice. Despite being a busy mom of 5 kids, and a writer/blogger herself she has always made time to help me and give me advice when I need it! Another thing about Sarita is that she is a very caring/giving person and willing to help pretty much anyone! She is beloved in the entire green blogger community. Sarita, you are one of my favorite people who I've never met! Thank you!

Sarah Piccinini- Owner, Salty Cosmetics
www.saltycosmetics.com

I first "met" Sarah when I placed an order on her website after I had gotten an eyeshadow in a "sample box program" I subscribed to. Salty Cosmetics was one of the very first brands that I found that not only had high quality products, but were made with non-toxic ingredients. I fell in love with this company right away and have placed lots of orders including their custom blend products, which required going back and forth with Sarah to make sure the color is exactly what I wanted. Through this, I got to know Sarah and she has been an incredibly good friend and given me TONS of advice. She is a makeup artist and esthetician and has shared so much of her talent with me. Sarah, I am so grateful I have gotten to know you! Thanks so much for all of your support and thank you for making such awesome makeup! 

Cindy Bokma, author, blogger, www.hellodollface.com


Cindy has been one of my favorite bloggers for awhile now. She offers honest, reliable reviews on her blog.I know that if Cindy loves something, I will too! She is always willing to give support and advice when I need it! Thank you so much Cindy! I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to learn from you! You are such a beautiful and talented person.

Now I would like to share with you, the items/brands that I have reviewed that have become my absolute favorite so far. I've already reviewed them so read the reviews to get all the details, but these brands have products that exceed my expectations by far in terms of quality, performance, ingredients and customer service. They have become staples in my beauty routine. 

1. Salty Cosmetics
2. Red Apple Lipstick
3. Suntegrity Face Sunscreen & Primer
4. Earthling Supply Company- All the Oils


Thanks to everyone who has supported me and followed my blog. Your support means the world to me!I hope you continue on this journey with me and contact me on any of my social media accounts or comment here and let me know if you have any questions! 


Maryann


No comments:

Post a Comment