Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 23, 2014

S.A.L.T.Y. Cosmetics Review

I am SO excited to do my very first product review on S.A.L.T.Y. Cosmetics ! It's been a favorite of mine for awhile now and I want everyone to know about this amazing brand!

Background
Sarah Piccinini started this company 4 years ago with her friends from cosmetology school. They learned all about the dangerous chemicals that are in many cosmetics brands and decided that they did not want any harmful chemicals in their products, so they made their own hand blended mineral makeup. They started with eyeshadows, but have since developed blush, lipstick, highlighters, Glam Glitters and foundation.  They also make custom blend products, so you can get any shade you desire! 


The Makeup

I had just ordered some eyeshadows from S.A.L.T.Y. when I decided to start my blog so for this review I'm going to focus on the eyeshadows. 

They come in a 1.25 gram jar for $8.97 which is an excellent price, especially given the clean ingredients and overall quality of the products! With over 200 colors to choose from you'll definitely be able to find colors you will love!



And I LOVE the pink labels with the names of the eyeshadows and the ingredients listed on the back! 



The 6 colors I bought are:

Night Cap- Gray base with an iridescent, reflective apricot sheen that reflects pink & purple.

After Hours- Vibrant, gray based aqua with lots of sheen.

Entrepreneur-A "moody & striking" gray based eyeshadow with green and pink/silver iridescence.  

Wall Street-Matte based gray with a golden sheen.

Passion-Vibrant purple with hints of pink flecks.

Night Train- Gray based green with iridescence.

These eyeshadows are super blendable, go on like butter & have great pigment. You can wear them sheer with a layer or two or you can wear them with a few layers for more color. Although I usually wear an eyeshadow primer underneath, these are extremely long wearing and you most certainly can go without one and they will stay on for hours! The colors are unique and they are suitable for many different skintones......if you don't find the perfect color for you, Sarah will custom blend one (or a bunch) for you to your exact specifications!

Here are swatches of them: L-R Night Cap, After Hours, Entrepreneur, Wall Street, Passion & Night Train.  




Customer Service

I always appreciate good customer service so I have to mention that Salty Cosmetics has incredible customer service! You can always reach them at saltycosmetics@gmail.com as well as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.  They always include generous samples with your order- not the kind that gives you 1-2 uses but MANY uses which I  love! Samples are available for purchase on the website as well!



I hope  you enjoyed this review and that you'll check out S.A.LT.Y. Cosmetics because they are incredible! I will be reviewing more of their products soon, so stay tuned! Please check them out at http://www.saltycosmetics.com
On Instagram : @saltycosmetics


3 comments:

  1. Great first review! I’m a huge fan of S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics, and you are so right, their product is out of this world and the generous quantity has me stocked up on all my favorite colors for many moons! I’m subscribing to your blog and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us! Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subscribed! And I love S.A.L.T.Y ! I can't wait to order their new products. Their colors are gorgeous and I can't praise them enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like they have great colour payoff!... Not sure how i feel about it being called salty though xx

    ReplyDelete